The Department of Dentistry was established in 1926.It is the oldest amongst all dental departments of the municipal corporation hospitals.From a single chair it has now progressed to 5 chairs with new chairs being acquired in the near future.Along with the routine OPD and extractions various other procedures like major and minor surgeries, root canal treatments, crowns and bridges, composite fillings, partial/complete dentures, implant dentistry are also done in the department in recent times. The department is actively involved in treating medically compromised patients. The department always tries updating its technology base to deliver the best and advanced treatment. The department conducted its second CDE program ‘Dentistry & Beyond’ as celebration of 90 years of KEM Hospital. The department has also started treating haemophilia patients and provides complete dental care to them.
Our present staff is as under :
|Dr. Nanda Pai||Addln. Professor & HOD|
|Dr. Prasad Bhange||Asst. Professor|
ROUTINE MORNING OPD :
EXTRACTIONS & MINOR SURGERIES:
Are taken up under general anesthesia in the OT.
RESTORATIVE, ENDODONTIC AND COSMETIC DENTISTRY:
By appointments only.
ON CALL DUTIES:
COMMUNITY DENTAL CARE:
• Dental Management of Haemophilia patients.
• Oral Care for Paediatric patients undergoing prophylactic factor therapy.
• Awareness of Dental Implants as a treatment option based on multiple patient perceived factors in the city of Mumbai.
• Dental awareness in pregnant patients.
• Oral Health Assessment in Geriatric patients.